In the red frame, I lay out the words I talked about before but it's about something negative. The bedroom generation is not really a bad word, but the person defined as a bedroom generation are regarded losers or gaming addicted, which full of negative emotions. It's not right, that's part of the reason I want to work on this topic as thesis and I need to redefine these words to make people understand my thesis.
1. The bedroom generation: A group of people who stay indoors for a long time and always interact with a screen.
Screen: a flat panel or area on an electronic device such as a television, computer, or smartphone, on which images and data are displayed.
2. Addiction: The state of being enslaved to a habit or practiceor to something that is psychologically orphysically habit-forming, as narcotics, to such anextent that its cessation causes severe trauma.
3. Loser: someone that is marked byconsistently or thoroughly bad quality,performance, etc
Many people believe that the bedroom generation are losers, they have bad gaming habit and are deeply addicted with games. But I will not use addiction and loser in my thesis to describe the bedroom generation. Instead, I will use some other words to describe the bad habits and unhealthy behavior they have, and what it means to them, what it means to us.
In the green frame, I lay out the term screen which I explained above. And the most important word is gamer, I use this word a lot, because gamers are my main target users. Gamers are known as being attracted by the virtual world inside of the game.
1. Gamers: person who plays games, especially computer or video games.
2. Body problem: the physical sickness on people's body which are caused by bad life habits.
3. Virtual world: A world that being such in power, force, or effect, though not actually.
Flowing I want to define what it means by real world and public space. what's the relationship between virtual world and real world? Is there public spaces in virtual world?
1. The real world: the world where our body live in. (I think this one is pretty clear to every one.)
2. Public spaces: A place where every one has the right to access freely and act in certain rules.
3. 0ff line: not connected with internet.
I want to talk about this a little bit because from the definition, a virtual world can also be public spaces, there are many online spaces we can access freely and act in some certain rules. So my thesis title is not only about real world, but also about virtual wold, the public space I am going to create is like a portal connecting virtual world and real world to make them work as one. So gamers who into the virtual world will live in the same dimension with others so they will be regarded as a normal person as well.
The last one I want to define is Gamify. Gamifying public spaces is a very important part of my thesis, it's a way to connect people together, to entertain people and make them forget about the embarrassment of whatever shows up in their mind.
Gamify: a verb to make something into gaming style or function to make it works like a game.
I think even now I write this down but I still need to do more research and thinking to refine this definition. And I think there still some words that I can't define clearly. I will keep working on this, it make myself more clear about what I am trying to do and how I can make it clear to every one.